Thursday, September 10, 2009

Konstantin Atchkow



“My interest in the Tensegrity sculpture and my experience, have naturally led to my future development in the direction of the same style. Further improving my know-how as a PhD student, I was looking for applying the Tensegrity style in the furniture design. In my opinion, this is a new basis of the form-creation, demanded by the logics of minimalism and the natural approach not only to sculpting, but also in architecture. Moreover, the Tensegrity constructions give flexible behavior to the furniture and encourage its self-adjustment to the terrain or to the body. The Tensegrity furniture brings the sensation of flying in some elements, carried by tense ropes. This specific kind of tectonics touches the feeling of anti-gravitation and beautiful geometry. They require intelligent decisions that attracted me to follow the challenge to find my solutions in the construction of this type of furniture.” 

Konstantin Atchkow

Source: text by Marcia Argyriades for Yatzer

No comments:

Post a Comment